Summary: A 5 day course which provides attendees with a comprehensive practical introduction to human factors.
Provider: Energy Institute
Duration: 5 days
Knowledge/experience needed: None
Email: Marjan Azodi
Who should attend?
Anybody with a responsibility for people, safety and the environment. Particularly, managers, operators, supervisors, recent graduates and those receiving university training as a prelude to working within major accident hazard industries.
Why should you attend?
To gain a comprehensive practical introduction to human factors and a basis from which to begin implementing Human and Organisational Factors within your work.
What you will learn
– The meaning of Human and Organisational Factors (HOF) and the scope of the subject.
– Common approaches to the management of HOF, and appreciate the benefits of applying these approaches in a major accident hazard context.
– How HOF techniques can be integrated with other risk management activities.
Module 1: Overview of human and organisational factors
• Introduction to human and organisational factors
• Human and organisational factors in process safety
• Human failure events
• Safety culture
Module 2: Human and organisational factors in risk management
• Human and organisational factors in investigation
• Qualitative human reliability analysis
• Quantitative human reliability analysis
Module 3: Human and organisational factors in work systems
• Procedures and competence management
• Workload and staffing
• Fatigue and shiftwork
• Safety critical communications
• Management of human and organisational factors
Module 4: Human and organisational factors in design
• Introduction to HOF in design
• Managing HOF in design
Module 5: Non-technical skills
• Introduction to non-technical skills
• Situation awareness
• Decision making
– A presentation slide-pack
– A professional development pack, including exercises and further reading
– An Energy Institute Certificate (upon successful completion)
Energy Institute, 61 New Cavendish Street, London, W1G 7AR
EI member £1550+VAT / Non-member £1800+VAT