Recognition for your specialist skills!
Technical Membership demonstrates that you're highly competent to practice human factors in your specialist area. It shows that you have specific knowledge and expertise in a range of human factors tools and techniques. You can use the post nominals TechCIEHF.
You can remain in this grade or, if you want to broaden your knowledge, experience and skills, you could see this as a stepping stone to Registered Membership and Chartered status. Either way, Technical Membership is recognition of a great achievement.
If you specialise and dive deep into human factors in a particular sector, this could be the right membership grade for you. Click on each item below to find out more about the different requirements for your application.
Questions you might have
Ready to apply?
If you think you're ready to apply, this is what you'll need to do.
- Complete the Professional Competency Checklist. Download the checklist.
- Create your log book entries. Download the log book template.
- Gather the evidence to back up your log book entries.
- Fill in an application form.
- Email the application form to us, together with the Checklist, log book and evidence.
- Contact your referees and ask them to prepare and send us their referee reports. Download the report template to send to them.
- Pay the £60 application fee when you receive our invoice.
Not quite there yet?
If you're not quite ready, join now as an Associate Member to get all the benefits while you continue to work towards Technical Membership!