You're on your way to Chartership!
Two for one!
When you apply for Registered Membership, you're also applying for Chartered status. They go hand in hand at this point, in one application.
You keep your Registered Membership forever. Or until you upgrade to Fellowship (or until you leave us) - whichever comes first.
By submitting evidence of your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) each year, you'll keep your Chartered status forever too!
You'll become a 'Chartered Ergonomist & Human Factors Specialist', and can use a special logo and the post nominals C.ErgHF and MCIEHF.
If you work across the discipline using a broad range of knowledge and skills, this could be the right membership grade for you. Click on each item below to find out more about the different requirements for your application.
All the benefits, one price
Pay by card or bank transfer, you choose.
Plus a one-off £60 application fee.
Being Chartered gives me confidence and support from peers and from being a part of this expert community.
Questions you might have
When you retire, just let us know and we'll convert your membership to Retired status. You'll just need to declare that you receive no financial income from practice in the discipline. With Retired status, you'll pay a reduced subscription of £36 per year. Your membership grade will remain and you'll still have access to all the same member benefits. To apply for Retired status, please email us.
Ready to apply?
If you think you're ready to apply, this is what you'll need to do.
- Complete the Professional Competency Checklist. Download the checklist.
- Create your log book entries. Download the log book template.
- Gather the evidence to back up your log book entries.
- Fill in an application form.
- Email the application form to us, together with the Checklist, log book and evidence.
- Contact your mentor (if you have one) and ask them to prepare and send us their mentor report. Download the mentor report form to send to them.
- Contact your referees and ask them to prepare and send us their referee reports. Download the referee report form to send to them.
- Pay the £60 application fee when you receive our invoice.
Not quite there yet?
If you're not quite ready, join now as an Associate Member to get all the benefits while you continue to work towards Registered Membership!