Summary: A 2 day course to gain a working understanding of human factors.
Provider: InterAction of Bath Ltd
Duration: 2 days
Knowledge/experience needed: Basic knowledge of human factors
Email: [email protected]
Who should attend and why?
The course is designed for delegates with a deep interest in the subject or with a need to know more than just the fundamentals. It is valuable to personnel from most industrial sectors, including defence and manufacturing, in particular:
- Engineers and designers who make decisions affecting the operability of a new or modified items of equipment.
- Project managers, support managers and operations managers requiring an understanding of HF for effective decision-making at all points in the project lifecycle.
- Production managers wishing to enhance productivity and reduce staffing costs without prejudicing safety.
- Leaders (or HF contacts) of Project Teams in the MoD, who need a fuller understanding of the requirements and benefits of Human Factors to system operability.
What will you learn?
The course will provide detailed explanation and data for the principal Human Factors subject areas and techniques.
On completion of this course, delegates will have a working understanding of Human Factors. They can be expected to be aware of the importance and value of a person-centred approach and possess some familiarity with the practice of the subject. The knowledge they gain from the course will benefit them professionally and benefit their sponsoring organisation through improved product design, safety and productivity.
The modules are as follows:
- What is Human Factors?
- Physical ergonomics
- Workstation design
- Human Factors Integration
- Environmental ergonomics
- Cognitive ergonomics
- Human Reliability Assessment
- Human-computer interaction
- Task analysis
- Industrial Psychology
Delegates can complete a number of short exercises to improve their understanding of the subject matter and Human Factors analysis in general.