Summary: This information-packed, interactive one-day DSE Assessor training course is designed to provide you with all the skills and knowledge you need to carry out DSE assessments with confidence and competence, and in order to comply with UK legislation.
CPD Points: 5
Provider: Worksafe (UK) Ltd
Location: Open course at our training centre in London or at your place of work.
Duration: 1 day
Knowledge/experience needed: None
Email: [email protected]
Who should attend?
The course is ideal for you if you are required to carry out DSE risk assessments.
Why should you attend?
This course will give you the skills and tools you need in order to comply with the legal requirements to provide assessments for DSE users.
- Learn the skills you need to carry out effective DSE assessments
- Gain practical experience of carrying out a workstation assessment and consequently increase confidence.
- Helps you to comply with current UK legislation.
- Improve staff well-being and as a result lower levels of staff sickness and increase productivity.
What you will learn
On completion of the course, you will be able to carry out a DSE Assessment in accordance with UK legislation.
- To understand an ergonomic approach to DSE Assessments.
- To understand current UK legislation with regards to DSE.
- To understand how injuries occur and how to prevent them.
- To be able to carry out effective DSE assessments in accordance with HSE guidelines.
- To be able to carry out a DSE assessment for an expectant mother.
- To understand the additional considerations for mobile workers and for home workers.
- To know when further intervention is necessary.
- What the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations requirements are.
- Who is covered by the DSE regulations.
- Employer and employee responsibilities.
- Health risks related to improper use of DSE.
- Posture: Addressing the employees posture and ergonomic habits and advising on changes required to improve comfort levels.
- Correct workstation set-up:
- Chair: Assessing for compliance and assisting user with chair adjustment and its best postural use.
- Display Screen: Checking at the screen is at correct height, free of flicker, and that the DSE user is aware of brightness contrast buttons etc.
- Addressing good keyboard/mouse use and suggesting new methods or hardware if there is an ailment.
- Desk height space and desk management is assessed and advice offered.
- Environment: Lighting, ventilation, cabling, glare and clear access to workstation.
- Explain eye sight policy/regulations, assess if user can see screen text clearly and read keyboard clearly.
- Laptop use and discussion on using correct accessories.
- Understand the additional considerations for an expectant mother and the home worker.
- Possible health benefits to sit stand desks.
- Understand the changes in safe DSE usage with regards to portable and handheld technology.
By observation of a practise DSE assessment.
- Presentation notes for you to use as reference and to make notes on through the training session.
- DSE Assessor manual.
- DSE assessment templates.
- Electronic assessment templates for you to customise as you wish.
- Lunch hand refreshments (at our open course).
- Unlimited access to our assessor hotline. If you have a DSE related issue and need further advice, we are here for you.
Established in 2003, Worksafe UK has become a leading nationwide Health & Safety training and assessment provider in the UK.
When you choose Worksafe UK, you can be assured of our experience and expertise. We only use suitably qualified trainers and assessors who have worked for many years in the Health and Safety industry.
Click the link below to read a small selection of the praise we receive from our happy customers: www.worksafe.uk.com/testimonials
Our customers appreciate the fact that, unlike many health and safety companies, we are not affiliated with any furniture or office equipment suppliers which means we always maintain our impartiality and integrity.