Chartered ergonomists: 17
Mima is a human-centred design agency.
We design services, experiences, products and spaces making them accessible to all.
We've improved wayfinding of spaces, made digital experiences more usable, designed high-performing workspaces and developed strategies for improving customer experience, to name a few. From transport hubs to hospitals, exhibitions and attractions to renewable energy, we solve the big challenges with a human-scale approach.
From transport hubs to hospitals, from exhibitions and attractions to renewable energy, we solve the big challenges with a human-scale approach. We use deep research, creativity, insight and expertise grown over decades to shape digital and physical solutions. They engage us, keep us moving, connect us. And they succeed because their design begins and ends with people, always.
We have completed projects across the UK and in countries including Denmark, Italy, France, Georgia, UAE, Oman, Malaysia, Hong Kong, USA & Australia. Our clients include Network Rail, HS2, Gatwick, Eurostar, East of England Ambulance Service, Tate, CERN, Alder Hey Children's Hospital, WSP, Siemens, Heathrow Airport, Transport for London, Thames Water, Home Office, ITER, Metropolitan Police, NATS and Hyundai, amongst others.
We provide human factors consulting services advising our clients on how to improve efficiency and reduce human error by optimising work environments, systems & processes.
Our work includes:
- Integrating human factors thinking into engineering projects
- Modelling and predicting human performance including workload and human error assessments
- Applied research experiments to predict human performance
- Evaluating how workspaces are designed using specialist human 3D CAD analysis.
We undertake design research using ethnographic methods to look at human behavior and provide insight into the design process. We have particular experience in applying these skills in the design of customer experiences notably in the transport sector.
We are specialists in wayfinding and the design of environmental graphics. We use our understanding of human behavior to inform the development of wayfinding strategies, the design of traditional and digital signage and to test our solutions. Our work includes wayfinding design at Stansted Airport, York University, London Gateway Port, Gatwick Airport and for the Canal & River Trust.
We create workspaces that focus on human behavior, wellbeing and performance. We use our ergonomics & design research skills to develop workspace strategies that are delivered by our interior design team. We design offices, studios, laboratories, contact centres and CCD is a world leader in the ergonomic design of control centres.
Our services cover:
- Strategic consulting to establish the feasibility of projects including concept design and operational concepts
- Operational analysis to identify communication and functional links
- End user engagement through mock-up trials, interactive design exercises and rapid prototyping
- Furniture layout design
- Interior design
- Furniture design
- Physical security & threat assessment
- Environmental design including lighting and acoustics
- 3D CAD visualisation
- Design management through procurement and installation.
Areas of work
- Design of Control Rooms
- Accessibility and Inclusion
- Human-Computer Interface Design & Assessment
- Industrial Design Applications
- Industrial/Commercial Workplace Design
- Office ergonomics & design
- Product design & consumer ergonomics
- Risk assessments – various work situations
- Systems Analysis
- User Requirements & Guidance
- Usability assessment
- Vehicle & Transport Ergonomics
- Work-related musculoskeletal problems