Year established: 2022
Chartered ergonomists: 2
The consultancy consists of two Chartered Human Factors Specialists, one of whom is a fellow, and the other applying for Fellowship. Both have extensive experience of applied Human Factors particularly in the Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH). Julie Bell has more than 20 years’ experience as a Human Factors Consultant, researcher, and policy lead, with the Health and Safety Executive. Pippa Brockington has been Human Factors Specialist Inspector for the Health and Safety Executive since 2005. Both have contributed to the production of guidance and increasing awareness of good Human Factors practice throughout their careers.
Human Factors Expertise Ltd provide the following services:
- Consultancy to Major Hazard business on implementing Human Factors good practice
- Safety report / case reviews
- Pre-inspection health checks to help organisations identify their own weak spots and develop action plans for improvement
- Bespoke training on managing human performance including human reliability assessment; Human Factors awareness; and managing performance influencing factors such as procedures, competence, fatigue, workload, design, and environmental factors.
- Human Factors research
We also offer a range of training courses aligned to the Human Factors Roadmap for COMAH Operators which can be viewed here.
Our specialist areas include:
- Identifying and prioritising critical tasks
- Carrying out human reliability analysis, qualitative and quantitative (HEART)
- Managing Maintenance Error
- Assessing usability of control systems
- Alarm Management
- Design and Management of Procedures
- Competence Management Systems
- Workload and staffing levels assessment
- Fatigue Risk Management