Making human factors and ergonomics work in health and social care: chapter 2
This download is the second of three chapters of a book which complements the CIEHF's Healthcare Learning Pathway and is intended as a practical resource for students.
The book aims to provide well-founded, practical guidance to those responsible for leading and implementing human factors programmes and interventions in health and social care.
Chapter 2 objectives and learning outcomes:
- To describe, in simple terms, the concept of organisational culture, and specifically how safety culture relates to this.
- To recognise features of good safety culture.
- To define key concepts of proactive risk management.
- To briefly introduce the idea of safety management systems and safety cases.
- To introduce methods for assessing safety culture (and consider their strengths and weaknesses).
- Using a worked example, to introduce a tool for helping you to understand and strengthen safety culture in your own organisation.
File type: PDF
Length: 32 pages
To support the development of the book, the authors welcome your thoughts, ideas and comments on the content.