This Pathway is designed to equip you with essential knowledge and skills in human factors. It's been developed by experts in human factors to enhance safety, efficiency and overall performance by focusing on the critical interaction between people and work systems.
- Introduction to human factors: Begin your journey at Level 1 by gaining a solid understanding of human factors principles and their significance in all kinds of working environment.
- Cognitive ergonomics: Delve into the intricacies of human cognition. Understand how mental processes, decision-making, and attention affect safety and performance.
- Physical ergonomics: Learn how to optimise the design of workspaces, equipment and interfaces to minimise physical strain, reduce errors and enhance comfort for employees.
- Fatigue management: Gain insights into the effects of fatigue on workers and the role of scheduling, rest and sleep in maintaining alertness and performance.
- Human error and error management: Understand the psychology of human error and learn practical strategies for error reduction and management.
- Safety culture and organisational factors: Analyse the impact of organisational culture, leadership and management practices on safety. Learn how to cultivate a strong safety culture.
- Teamwork and communication: Discover the importance of effective teamwork and communication in ensuring safety. Explore strategies for fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Case studies and best practices: Examine real-world case studies from different sectors to apply human factors concepts and learn from both successful practices and unfortunate incidents.
- Enhanced safety: Implementing human factors principles can significantly reduce accidents and incidents, making workplaces safer for everyone.
- Improved efficiency: Optimising the human-machine interface and workflow can lead to increased efficiency, reduced delays and improving performance.
- Reduced costs: By minimising human error and fatigue-related incidents, organisations can save substantial costs associated with accidents and disruptions.
- Competitive advantage: By equipping your team with cutting-edge knowledge and skills, position your organisation as a leader in your sector.
- Compliance: Applying human factors can increase compliance and reduce the risk of penalties and legal issues.
Questions you might have
For individuals - this Pathway is open entry, so you don't need any prior qualifications, although it does help to be working in an organisation. It's designed for anyone with responsibility for human factors including operators, safety managers and engineers looking to enhance their skills and contribute to a safer and more efficient workplace.
For organisations - this Pathway is for any organisation in any sector looking to improve capability, enhance human performance and increase employee safety and wellbing.
If you're an individual, simply pay the fee for Level 1 and enrol now! If you don't have an account with us already, you'll be asked to register so that you can seemlessly go through to the Pathway. Your account will then give you direct access whenever you need it and will hold a record of your achievements!
Level 2 and 3 will be available to purchase soon.
Ready to go?
If you're an organisation and you want to purchase more than 1 enrolment, please contact us.