Format: Text and video
Test: 10 questions, mixed type, immediate result
Duration: Self paced, approx. 3 hours
Price: £22.50 for CIEHF members, £30 for non-members, plus VAT.
About this CPD self-study module
This module will provide you with an overview of human risk assessment methodologies and their practical applications. You'll learn about topics such as hazard identification, risk assessment, Performance Influencing Factors and risk management. You'll be able to use tools such as risk matrices to help you assess risk.
You'll be introduced to the core knowledge and skills you’ll need to enable you to:
- Carry out a risk assessment.
- Demonstrate the likelihood vs impact approach to risk assessment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the term ALARP.
- Describe the difference between a hazard and a risk and identify examples of each.
- Describe the factors that may influence the perception of risk.
- State the difference between an error and a violation (and what this means for risk assessment).
- Recommend risk reduction measures showing the application of a systems approach to the management of risk.
The module includes 7 topics, 4 videos and a selection of suggested further reading. In total, it might take around 3 hours to complete.
There's a short test at the end and if you pass, you'll get a badge of recognition showing that you've successfully completed the module.
Ready to go?