Transport Engineer Specialising in Human Factors Integration: Australia
Tactix is a leading transport engineering consultancy with the largest independent team of human factors (HF) specialists in Australia. Our (growing) team of 17 HF consultants is spread across dedicated offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, with some of our team also working remotely from Adelaide and other regional centres. Our focus is on the application of user centred design processes and human factors risk management for effective integration of human factors into the delivery of complex rail, road, aviation, and defence projects.
Our team is dedicated to supporting organisations achieve their objectives through the application of human factors principles and processes. We work collaboratively and transparently with stakeholders to help deliver solutions that work effectively and efficiently, and which meet the diverse needs of all end users.
Why Work for Us
Tactix is delivering some of the largest infrastructure, aviation, and Defence projects in Australia. In the past 2 years we have experienced unparalleled growth and it is an exciting time to join us. Our HF, HCD and UX specialists work closely together, and deliver solutions as part of an integrated team with Tactix’ systems engineers, RAM, security, and systems safety specialists. Collaboration is a key to our success. We are a high performing team and enjoy the consulting life, with a flexible working approach across a variety of projects and sectors.
What We Offer
A genuine team culture across all our offices, including weekly HF shared learnings for ongoing professional development. We also offer extensive career development spanning a wide range of industries. Tactix supports flexible working arrangements, and we provide an excellent salary package that encourages your continued professional development, supports your wellbeing, and enables you to contribute to the community. We offer an excellent salary and performance related bonuses for successful candidates.
We have immediate opportunities for senior-level human factors engineers with three to five years’ experience to support the delivery of major transport projects.
For this role, we are seeking client focussed human factors professionals with demonstrable experience in the transport sector to provide immediate support to transport infrastructure and rolling stock projects. You will be expected to execute the human factors scope of work with some supervision to ensure that transportation systems meet the needs of users now and for the life of the asset.
Duties would typically include:
- The development of human factors integration plans for major projects
- Supporting human factors integration activities
- Undertaking human factors assessments associated with identifying, analysing, and managing human factors issues, risks, and opportunities.
- Maintenance of Human Factors Issues Registers
- Development of Human Factors Assurance Reports
You are interested in, and passionate about, the benefits of integrating human factors principles and processes into systems design and engineering to deliver successful project outcomes and better solutions for people. You communicate well at all levels and you’re a team player. You think strategically and work collaboratively to identify and manage the human challenges in the design and operation of complex systems. You care about the user experience, and people’s working lives, but you are pragmatic and understand risk-based decision making and the need to align with business objectives.
To be considered for this role with Tactix:
- You have relevant ergonomics / human factors qualifications (bachelor’s degree or higher) and are a member of an appropriate professional body (such as the CIEHF,).
- You have:
- Three to five years’ experience in applying human factors to transport engineering and design projects.
- Familiarity with the regulatory environments in which the transport sector operates in the country you are working in.
- Can read and interpret architectural or engineering drawings.
- Can assess the needs of end users to support effective travel.
- Business development experience that will help us win work for our expanding human factors, systems engineering and design support teams. This is desirable – training and support will be provided.
- Experience in applying human factors to other industries, such as the defence and health sectors. This is desirable.
You will be based in our Sydney office. However, opportunities are available in other regional capitals, and this can be discussed with the successful candidate.
Your qualifications and level of experience will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and entry into the company bonus scheme subject to performance.
Assistance with relocation will be provided. Under Australian law, all sponsorship/visa costs must be met by the business.
Please forward a Resume and Cover Letter addressing the role requirements listed in this advertisement to Karl Rich via email: [email protected]