Principal Human Factors Consultant
Terms: UK-based, Salary negotiable, permanent full time or part time, discretionary bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare, 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays, opportunity to purchase shares in the business after a qualifying period.
The Keil Centre is experiencing a period of sustained business growth and we are now looking to expand our Human Factors team. We currently have a vacancy for a Principal level Human Factors Consultant.
This post would suit an experienced Human Factors consultant or professional looking to further develop their skills and professional opportunities as a Principal level Consultant. We would expect you to possess the following attributes:
- Hold a degree in a relevant subject (e.g., psychology or ergonomics)
- Hold a post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Hold / be working towards Registered or Chartered status with a recognised professional body, ideally CIEHF or BPS
- Between five and eight years’ successful delivery of relevant projects, ideally across several industry sectors
- Demonstrable record of client management and business development
- Experience in a range of project types, including development and delivery of training
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
In addition to the above attributes, this role also involves:
- Assessing client needs
- Project managing and delivering high quality solutions
- Managing client relationships and developing future business
- Working with colleagues to innovate, deliver projects, share expertise and develop new ideas for the business
- Growing your own capabilities and supporting others in their development
You will be trained in The Keil Centre’s award-winning product and service portfolio, whilst also pursuing your own professional interests.
Established in 1983, The Keil Centre is a privately-owned consultancy of Chartered Psychologists, Ergonomists and Clinical & Counselling Psychologists, with a Head Office in central Edinburgh and a branch in Australia. We work with household name clients across the world in both the public and private sector. We pride ourselves in the high standards of our work, our professional integrity, and our ability to work collaboratively with our clients. We were the first business in Scotland to be recognised at Platinum level by Investors in People, emphasising the friendly, fun, nurturing and inclusive nature of our culture. We continue to enjoy a strong demand for our products and services. These include:
- Human Factors in Product Design and Systems Engineering
- Control Room Design and Engineering
- Human Performance and Human Reliability Analysis
- Human Factors in Incident Investigation
- Safety Culture and Behaviour
- Leadership Development and Coaching
- Skills and Competence
- Business Psychology & Wellness
Please email your CV and cover letter indicating which position you are interested in to [email protected] by Monday 5th September.
If you have any questions about the positions, or if you would like to discuss any aspect of this advertisement, you can phone the office on 0131 229 6140 to speak to Richard Scaife, Director and Head of the Human Factors Team.