Consultant / Senior Consultant – Human Factors Usability & Research
We have a new opportunity for a Consultant or Senior Consultant level Human Factors Engineer to join an established team based in Hammersmith. You will apply your knowledge of human factors tools and methodologies to the design and development of a wide range of medical, consumer and industrial products. Strong technical communication skills are essential, with the ability to prepare and present high quality outputs internally and to external clients. Successful candidates will also be able to moderate usability sessions and facilitate workshops. Some international travel will be required as part of the role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute towards / lead (depending on entry level) global project activities within the human factors and research service
- Design and run various types of activity such as contextual inquiry, formative and validation studies in the UK and abroad
- Maintain client relationships throughout project delivery, help identify and resolve potential issues
- Participate in project planning, fieldwork, data analysis, reporting and presentations as appropriate
- Collaborate with the Business Development team and other team members to build long lasting client relationships and frame proposals and quotes to win new clients
- Some international travel will be required as part of the role
This role is integral in helping us meet our agreed aims and objectives within a profitable, professional, efficient and effective working environment.
We reserve the right to make changes to the list of normal duties or other responsibilities to be undertaken from time to time. However, when it is considered necessary or appropriate by management you may be required to carry out any other duties considered within your skill and competence to assist the smooth running of the business.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience applying various human factors principles and methodologies to the design, development and evaluation of products and services, specifically within the medical industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to prepare high quality technical documentation for presentation internally and to external clients
- Ability to self-manage; maintaining flexibility and organisation to meet deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on relevant industry and/or technical knowledge
- Degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Usability Engineering or a related field (other degrees will be considered with relevant experience)
- Experience in human factors for the design and development of drug delivery devices and demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable regulatory pathways for human factors in medical device development
- Experience in moderating / facilitating usability evaluations and workshop activities
- Experience of designing and evaluating instructional materials, e.g. IFUs, QRGs and training videos
- Experience of use-related risk management, including hazard identification, uFMEA and residual risk analysis
- Experience of conducting preliminary analyses such as task analysis, heuristic analysis and expert reviews
- Experience writing study protocols and reports to high technical standards
- Proposal writing experience
- Previous consultancy experience
- Chartered Status or working towards Chartered Status
A generous remuneration package includes:
- competitive salary
- pension scheme
- private healthcare insurance
- life assurance and income protection insurance for long-term illness
- 23 days annual leave (excl bank holidays) increasing after three, five and seven years’ service up to a maximum of 28 days
- opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- workplace nursery scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- car leasing scheme
- occasional home-working
PDD is a design and innovation consultancy creating physical and digital products and experiences that drive our client businesses and delight their customers and users. We have been winning awards and serving our long-standing clients since 1980.
With studios in London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Boston, and working in 6 continents, our experienced managers and talented researchers, designers and engineers help companies in the healthcare, consumer and industrial - commercial sectors to grow their businesses through innovation.
We ensure that product and experience solutions are successful by ensuring they are appealing to customers, are feasible and viable for clients to make and are responsible given regulation, society and the environment. Such success creates our future- and it’s this sustainable ‘win-all-round’ business model that excites us- we call it ‘Meaningful Innovation’.
We are committed to a workplace environment that promotes diversity across all our studios and this applies to the talent we hire, the customers we work with and the people we interact with on our projects. We offer competitive pay, a range of excellent benefits and opportunities for international travel. Working with us also opens up new networking opportunities and a chance to engage with colleagues at social events.
To apply for this position, please email Vicki Young, [email protected] with a cover letter, your CV and portfolio, or call 0330 088 7111 for more information.