First registered: 1995
Chartered ergonomists: 17
Other ergonomists: 1
Total staff: 15
CCD is a human factors-led design consultancy based in central
London. Our practice is multi-disciplinary bringing together
Ergonomists, Psychologists, Interior Designers and Graphic Designers to
provide an integrated approach to the design of workspaces, systems,
environmental graphics, digital interaction and public spaces. We have
been applying this pragmatic blend of skills to bring benefits to our
clients for over 35 years.
We work in rail and road transport sectors, at airports, for the
nuclear and oil & gas industries, the emergency services, as well as
for companies in security and research sectors.
We have completed projects across the UK and in countries including
Denmark, Italy, France, Georgia, UAE, Oman, Malaysia, Hong Kong, USA
& Australia. Our clients include Network Rail, CERN, Siemens,
Heathrow Airport, Transport for London, Thames Water, Home Office, ITER,
Metropolitan Police, NATS, Eurostar and Hyundai.
We provide human factors consulting
services advising our clients on how to improve efficiency and reduce
human error by optimising work environments, systems & processes.
Our work includes:
– Integrating human factors thinking into engineering projects
– Modelling and predicting human performance including workload and human error assessments
– Applied research experiments to predict human performance
– Evaluating how workspaces are designed using specialist human 3D CAD analysis.
We undertake design research
using ethnographic methods to look at human behavior and provide
insight into the design process. We have particular experience in
applying these skills in the design of customer experiences notably in
the transport sector.
We are specialists in wayfinding and
the design of environmental graphics. We use our understanding of human
behavior to inform the development of wayfinding strategies, the design
of traditional and digital signage and to test our solutions. Our work
includes wayfinding design at Stansted Airport, York University, London
Gateway Port, Gatwick Airport and for the Canal & River Trust.
We create workspaces that
focus on human behavior, wellbeing and performance. We use our
ergonomics & design research skills to develop workspace strategies
that are delivered by our interior design team. We design offices,
studios, laboratories, contact centres and CCD is a world leader in the ergonomic design of control centres. Our services cover:
– Strategic consulting to establish the feasibility of projects including concept design and operational concepts
– Operational analysis to identify communication and functional links
– End user engagement through mock-up trials, interactive design exercises and rapid prototyping
– Furniture layout design
– Interior design
– Furniture design
– Physical security & threat assessment
– Environmental design including lighting and acoustics
– 3D CAD visualisation
– Design management through procurement and installation.
Visit our website for more on our capabilities and case studies and
see how we bring together design and ergonomics to add value to the
projects we work on and deliver tangible benefits to our clients.
Areas of work
Design of Control Rooms
Human-Computer Interface Design & Assessment
Industrial Design Applications
Industrial/Commercial Workplace Design
Office ergonomics & design
Product design & consumer ergonomics
Risk assessments – various work situations
User Requirements & Guidance
Vehicle & Transport Ergonomics
Work-related musculoskeletal problems